See this online text:
- Love is for Life: Pastoral Letter of the Irish Bishops (Dublin, Ireland: Veritas Publications, 1985) Described as the “Pastoral letter issued on behalf of the Irish Hierarchy in Lent 1985”. May be read online on this page at Catholic Culture, and on this page at EWTN Library. The popular edition is available in pdf format at the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference.
See also these texts specifically relating to courtship:
- A Better Way: A Pastoral Letter to the People of God in the Province of Kansas Addressing Cohabitation before Marriage, by the Kansas Catholic Conference, June 4, 1998 (New Haven, CT: Knights of Columbus Supreme Council, 2007). Available in PDF format (on this page) of the Knights of Columbus Catholic Information Service.
- Cultural Apologetics (articles), by Jason Evert, Matt Fradd, Dr. Janet Smith, Ryan T. Anderson, Abby Johnson. Available on this page of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students, which describes it as a series of articles “designed to help you and your disciples wrestle with teachings of the Church, which are often difficult in today’s cultural context.”
- Dating: A Practical Catholic Guide, by Professor Jason E. King, Ph.D. (New Haven, CT: Knights of Columbus Supreme Council, 2007). Available in pdf format (here) at the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council – Catholic Information Service. (See also “Teens And Dating”, an interview with Dr. King on his book, at Fathers for Good.)
See also the related texts listed on this page of the Project: Marriage and the Family, as well as the following texts:
- Apostolic Exhortation “Familiaris Consortio” on the Role of the Christian Family in the Modern World, by Pope St. John Paul II (22 November 1981). May be read online (on this page) of the Holy See, and on this page of CBCP for Life.
- Draft of a Dogmatic Constitution on Chastity, Marriage, the Family, and Virginity, by the Preparatory Theological Commission for the Second Vatican Council, translated by Fr. Joseph A. Komonchak (2012). Available in pdf format (on this page) at In Verbo Veritatis.
- In Perfect Union: Living the Sacrament of Marriage: State of Wisconsin Catholic Marriage Compendium. Available in interactive PDF format through this page of the John Paul II Center for the New Evangelization.
- Marriage: Love and Life in the Divine Plan: A Pastoral Letter of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Issued 17 November 2009 (© 2009, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops). Available in pdf format at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- The Sixth and Ninth Commandments: Sexual Morality, by Peter Kreeft (New Haven, CT: Knights of Columbus Supreme Council – Catholic Information Service, 2001). With Imprimatur. The ebook may be read online and is available in pdf format (here), and the audiobook is available in mp3 format through this page of the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council.
- Theology of the Body for Families & Single People, plus Family Chastity Formation in Virtue and Purity of Heart: Universal Truths about Human Sexuality for People of All Ages, with Extensive References to the Official Teachings of the Roman Catholic Church (Kettle River, Minnesota: Communitas Dei Patris, 2006-2017). (Rev: 1/25/2017). Available in pdf format (here) through this page of Family Prayer Night.
- Theology of the Body: Weekly Audiences on the Subject of the Redemption of the Body and the Sacramentality of Marriage, September 5, 1979 – November 28, 1984, by Pope St. John Paul II. May be read through this page of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops; through this page of the EWTN Library; through this table of contents of Catechesis of the Popes, which also has a prefatory page and a list of ecclesiastical documents on marriage and the family; through this page of Average Joe Catholic; and the Internet Archive Wayback Machine (being the 11 December 2017 snapshot of a page from the sadly defunct website Catholic Primer).
- The Truth and Meaning of Human Sexuality: Guidelines for Education Within the Family, by the Pontifical Council for the Family (November 21, 1995). May be read online at the Holy See, Simbahayan sa Maynila, Family Life Center,EWTN Library, Women for Faith & Family, and New Advent, with an excerpt at the National Coalition of Clergy and Laity. Available in PDF format at Super Flumina. Its principles are summarized at Women for Faith & Family and AD2000.
On the Feast of St. Valentine (St. Valentine’s Day) in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. For other online texts and legally free ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title) and the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject).