See this online ebook:
- George Haydock’s Catholic Bible Commentary, 1859 edition: A Catholic Bible commentary compiled by the late Rev. Fr. George Leo Haydock, following the Douay-Rheims Bible.
- May be read online at Haydock’s Catholic Bible Commentary, 1859 edition. [N.B. This is the best copy, and contains the text of Scripture together with the commentary along with cross-references to other passages.]
- Through this page of the same website the following may be downloaded:
- The work also be read online (on this page) at e-Catholic 2000; and at StudyLight.org.
- The following may also be downloaded (through this page) at the St. Isidore e-book library:
“The divine speech that communicates the truths of the Catholic faith is expressed in human languages. The inspired Hebrew and Greek text of the Holy Scriptures is itself uttered by God in all of its parts. It is not a purely human report or interpretation of divine revelation, and no part of its meaning is due solely to human causes. In believing the teaching of the Holy Scriptures we are believing God directly.” (From the Correctio Filialis de Haeresibus Propagatis, 16 July 2017)