See this online text:
- “‘Peace with God the Creator, Peace with All of Creation’: Message for the Celebration of the World Day of Peace, 1 January 1990”, by Pope John Paul II (Saint John Paul the Great) (8 December 2009). Alternately titled, “The Ecological Crisis: A Common Responsibility”. May be read online on this page of Catholic Culture, and at the Holy See.
See also these related texts:
- “The Challenge of Climate Change and Environmental Justice: A Distinctive Catholic Contribution”, by Thomas G. Wenski, Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy, Vol. 23, pp. 497-514 (2009). Available in PDF format at the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy.
- “A Deeper Ecology: A Catholic Vision of the Person in Nature” by Mary Taylor, Communio: International Catholic Review, Volume 38 (Winter 2011). Available in PDF format (on this page) at Second Spring.
- “Ecology and the Common Good: Sustainability and Catholic Social Teaching”, by Russell Butkus and Steven Kolmes, Journal of Catholic Social Thought, Vol. 4, No. 2 (2007): pp. 403-436. Available in pdf format at the University of Portland.
- Encyclical Letter “Laudato Si’” on Care for Our Common Home, by Pope Francis, 24 May 2015. May be read online at the Holy See.
- Global Climate Change and Biodiversity / Cambiamenti Climatici Mondiali e Biodiversità: Extra Series 35, edited by Peter H. Raven (Vatican City: Pontifical Academy of Sciences, 2010). 37 pages. Available in pdf format at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.
- The Green Popes: Benedict XVI and John Paul II on the Environment, by Brother Ignatius Schweitzer, O.P. (New Haven, CT: Knights of Columbus Supreme Council, 2010). With Imprimatur. Part of the Veritas Series “Proclaiming the Faith in the Third Millennium”, under General Editor Father Juan-Diego Brunetta, O.P., Director of the Catholic Information Service, Knights of Columbus Supreme Council. Available in pdf format on this page of the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council.
- “’If You Want To Cultivate Peace, Protect Creation’: Message for the Celebration of the World Day of Peace, 1 January 2010”, by Pope Benedict XVI, 8 December 2009 (Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 2009). May be read online at the Holy See.
- “Natural Law and the Natural Environment: Pope Benedict XVI’s Vision Beyond Utilitarianism and Deontology”, by Professor Michael Baur, Ph.D. Chapter 3 of Environmental Justice and Climate Change: Assessing Pope Benedict XVI’s Ecological Vision for the Catholic Church in the United States, edited by Tobias Winwright & Jame Schaefer (Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2013): pp. 43-57. Available at Academia.edu, uploaded by Dr. Baur.
- “‘On Development that Respects the Environment’: Address at the General Audience of August 26, 2009”, by Pope Benedict XVI. May be read online on this page of Catholic Culture.