See this online manual on altar servers for the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite:
- Altar Boy Handbook, edited by Tom Mead, September 2009 (Gainesville, Virginia: Holy Trinity Parish, Diocese of Arlington, 2009). Available in pdf format (on this page) at Holy Trinity Catholic Church.
- [N.B., Although this is not directly connected to the text, we note with joy and hope that the parish’ website declares: “The mission of Holy Trinity Catholic Church is to lead all parishioners to Heaven and the Beatific Vision of the Blessed Trinity.” Such fidelity to Christ our Lord and the mission He entrusted to His one true Church is a blessing indeed. Deo gratias!]
See also this manual for altar servers for the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite:
- Handbook for Altar Servers, by the Archconfraternity of St. Stephen. May be read online (on this page) through the page Altar Server Tutorial and Resources for the Traditional Latin Mass at Sancta Missa. [N.B., The website notes that the text, in view of its age, may not be consistent with the 1962 Missale Romanum and the online tutorial provided on the website, and “is intended as a possible aid for parishes or individuals interested in implementing a similar guild.]
See also these texts relating to altar servers:
- Address to the Second Group of German Bishops on Their “Ad Limina” Visit, of His Holiness Benedict XVI 18 November 2006. May be read online and available in pdf format at the Holy See.
- General Audience of 1 August 2001, by Pope John Paul II. May be read online and available in pdf format at the Holy See.
- General Audience of 04 August 2010, by Pope Benedict XVI. Available at the Holy See.
- General Audience of 29 August 2012, by Benedict XVI. May be read online at the Holy See.
- Special Catechesis for the European Pilgrimage of Altar Servers: General Audience of 02 August 2006, by Pope Benedict XVI. May be read online and available in pdf format at the Holy See.