See this legally free ebook:
- The Miraculous Medal: Its Origin, History, Circulation, Results, by M. Aladel, C.M., translated from the French by P.S. (Philadelphia: H.L. Kilner & Co., 1880). Available in pdf, epub, mobi, and other formats at Project Gutenberg, Internet Archive and Internet Archive (2nd copy); and also available at DePaul University Library and, in pdf format, at Hoyle Tutoring. Another imprint (Baltimore: John B. Piet, 1880) is available at Internet Archive and Open Library.
- This appears to have been translated from: La Médaille Miraculeuse: Origine, Histoire, Diffusion, Résultats, par M. [Jean Marie] Aladel (Paris: Pillet et Dumoulin, 1881). Disponible a Internet Archive et Open Library.
See also these related texts:
- The Conversion of Marie-Alphonse Ratisbonne: Original Narrative of Baron Theodore de Bussieres; Followed by a Letter from Mr. Ratisbonne to Rev. Mr. Dufriche-Desgenettes, Cure of Notre Dame des Victoires at Paris, edited by the Rev. W. Lockhart (New York: T.W. Strong). With an 1842 declaration. Available in various formats at Internet Archive and Open Library.
- The Externals of the Catholic Church: Her Government, Ceremonies, Festivals, Sacramentals, and Devotions, by Rev. John Francis Sullivan (New York : P. J. Kenedy & Sons, 1917). With Imprimatur. May be read online or downloaded in multiple formats at Internet Archive and Open Library (Digitizing sponsor: MSN, Book contributor: Kelly Library, University of Toronto). The 2nd edition with Imprimatur, revised to conform to the new code of canon law (New York: P. J. Kenedy & sons, 1918), may be read online or downloaded in multiple formats at Open Library. [See Chapter ii: “The Cardinals and the Roman Court”.]
- Illustrated Explanation of the Holy Sacraments: A Complete Exposition of the Sacraments and the Sacramentals of the Church, adapted from the original of Rev. Hermann Rolfus, with a reflection and practice on each sacrament, by Very Rev. Ferreol Girardey (New York, Cincinnati, Chicago: Benziger Brothers, 1898). With Imprimatur. Available in multiple formats at Internet Archive, with a second copy at Internet Archive and Open Library.
- The Sacramentals of the Holy Catholic Church, by Rev. A.A. Lambing (New York, Cincinnati, Chicago: Benzinger Brothers, 1892). With Imprimatur. May be read online, and available in multiple formats (pdf, epub, mobi/kindle, etc.) at Internet Archive, Internet Archive (2nd copy), Internet Archive (3rd copy), Internet Archive (4th copy) and Internet Archive (5th copy).
- Sacred Signs, by Romano Guardini, translated and with a preface by Grace Branham (St. Louis, Mo.: Pio Decimo Press, 1956). With Imprimatur. A reprint by Fr. Peter Kwasniewski (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2015) may be purchased at Amazon.com and Amazon.de. Sections from the book entitled “Evening” and “Kneeling” may be read at the New Liturgical Movement.
- The Visible Church, Her Government, Ceremonies, Sacramentals, Festivals and Devotions, a Compendium of “The Externals of the Catholic Church”, 5th ed., rev., by Rev. John F. Sullivan; with 120 illustrations from pen drawings by the author. (New York: P.J. Kenedy & Sons, 1922). Available at Open Library.
On the Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal. For other online texts and legally free ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title) and the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject). O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
“And I will establish a feud between thee and the woman, between thy offspring and hers; she is to crush thy head, while thou dost lie in ambush at her heels.” (Genesis iii, 15)