See this online text:
- “Toward A Theology of Fund Raising”, by Most Rev. Thomas J. Murphy, S.T.D., D.D., Archbishop of Seattle. Paper presented on September 19, 1983 in Orlando, Florida. The text is available in pdf format at The Nonprofit Alliance.
- Under the title “Theology of Fund Raising”, the text forms Chapter I of Stewardship for Mission: Where Development and Finance Meet, edited by Mary McFadden SSJ (Silver Spring, MD: National Association for Treasurers of Religious Institutes; Hempstead, NY: National Catholic Development Conference, 2005), which is available in pdf format at The Nonprofit Alliance.
See also these related texts:
- “The Church in Nigeria and Fund-Raising: Checking the Abuses, by Patrick Paul Udoh, Ph.D., Ministerium: A Journal of Contextual Theology, Vol. 4 (2018): pp. 1-12. Available in pdf format at this page of Ministerium.
- Stewardship: A Disciple’s Response: A Pastoral Letter on Stewardship, Tenth Anniversary Edition, originally approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, November 1992 (Washington, D.C.: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, 2002). Available in pdf format at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. [Note: This includes as Appendix I, “To Be a Christian Steward: A Summary of the U.S. Bishops’ Pastoral Letter on Stewardship”, and as Appendix II, “Stewardship and Development in Catholic Dioceses and Parishes: A Resource Manual” (1996).]
- The Ten Commandments of Catholic Fundraising, by Brice Sokolowski (2017) (©CatholicFundraiser.net). Available in pdf format at CatholicFundraiser.net (after free registration).
- Unleashing Catholic Generosity: Explaining the Catholic Giving Gap in the U.S., by Brian Starks and Christian Smith (University of Notre Dame – Institute for Church Life, Fall 2012). Available in pdf format at McGrath Institute for Church Life.
On the Feast of Saint John of Matha in the Roman Rite. For other texts and ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title), the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject), the List of Worth-It Catholic Books & eBooks, and the main page of the Catholic eBooks Project.