See this online text:
- International Review of the Red Cross, No. 290 (September-October 1992). Special: 1492-1992: 500th Anniversary of the Discovery of the Americas. Contains the following articles:
- “The Spanish School of the New Law of Nations”, by Sergio Moratiel Villa;
- “Diálogos militares by Diego García de Palacio: The first American work on the law of nations” by Alejandro Valencia Villa;
- “The defence of human dignity in the New World, by Fernando Murillo Rubiera;
- “Milestones in the defence of dignity and basic human rights in America”; and
- “Charter of rights of the Indians according to the School of Salamanca” by Luciano Pereña Vicente.
See also the ebooks and texts listed on the pages “Online text: “The Law of War in Francisco Suárez”, by Dr. Paulo Borges de Macedo“, “Online text: “The Thomism of Bartolomé de Las Casas and the Indians of the New World”, by Dr. Thomas Francis Xavier Varacalli“, and “Online text: “Human Identity and Otherness – Learning from Francisco De Vitoria”, by Dr. Claus Dierksmeier“; as well as these related texts:
- “Bartolomé De Las Casas e Francisco De Vitoria: Filosofia Política e Moral no debate sobre o direito natural e o Direito das Gentes no Novo Mundo”, por Antonio Patativa de Sales. Construindo Direito, Vol. 2, n. 2 (Dezembro 2010). Disponível em Faculdade de Integração do Sertão.
- “Creating Justice in an Emerging World: The Natural Law Basis of Francisco De Vitoria’s Political and International Thought”, by Luis Valenzuela-Vermehren, Ideas y Valores, vol. LXVI, no. 163 (2017): pp. 39-64. May be read online at the Sistema de Información Científica Redalyc.
- “Empire and International Law: The Real Spanish Contribution”, by Martti Koskenniemi, University of Toronto Law Journal, Vol. 6, No. 1 (2011): pp. 1-36. Available in pdf format at the University of Helsinki.
- “Empire, Sovereignty, and Justice in Francisco De Vitoria’s International Thought: A Re-Interpretation of De Indis (1532)” / “Imperio, soberanía y justicia en el pensamiento internacionalista de Francisco De Vitoria: Una re-interpretación de De Indis (1532)”, by Luis Valenzuela-Vermehren, Revista Chilena de Derecho, Vol. 40, No. 1 (2013): pp. 259-297. Available in pdf format at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile; and may be read online and available in pdf format at the Scientific Electronic Library Online Chile; and available in pdf format at ResearchGate.net.
- “Just War: Catholicism’s Contribution to International Law”, by James Gaffney, Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture, Volume 14, Number 3, Summer 2011): pp. 44-68. Available in pdf format at Loyola University New Orleans.
In belated commemoration of the Feast of Our Lady of the Pillar, and of the secular observances of Día de la Hispanidad and Columbus Day. For other texts and ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title), the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject), the List of Worth-It Catholic Books & eBooks, and the main page of the Catholic eBooks Project.