See this legally free ebook:
- The Sinner’s Guide, by Venerable Louis of Granada, O.P., a new and revised translation by a Father of the same Order (New York: P.J. O’Shea, 1890). With Imprimatur; and containing approbatory letter of Pope Gregory XIII. May be read online, and available in pdf, mobi, epub, and other formats, at Internet Archive.
- Another translation is also available:
- The Sinner’s Guide, in Two Books; Book I. Containing a Full and Ample Exhortation to the Pursuit of Virtue, with Instructions and Directions How to Become Virtuous; Book II. The Doctrine of Virtue, with Necessary Instructions and Advice for Making a Man Virtuous, by the Rev. F. Lewis of Granada, Provincial of the Order of St. Dominick, in the Kingdom of Portugal, translated from the Spanish (Philadelphia: Henry. McGrath, 1844). With the favorable recommendation of the Bishop of Philadelphia. Available in pdf format on this page of Saints’ Books; and may be read online, and available in pdf, mobi, epub, and other formats, at Internet Archive.
See also these related ebooks:
- The Chief Sources of Sin: Seven Discourses on Pride, Covetousness, Lust, Anger, Gluttony, Envy, Sloth, by Michael V. McDonough [b. 1863] (New York, Baltimore: John Murphy Company, 1910). With Imprimatur. May be read online, and available in pdf, epub, mobi,. And other formats at Internet Archive and Open Library.
- [N.B., This work appears to be in the public domain under US law. As to other jurisdictions, an online search yielded a date of death of 02 November 1933 for a certain Rev. Michael V. McDonough, chaplain of St. Mary’s Home, New Bedford (vide Anchor, October 29, 2010, p.19). If this is the author, then the work would also have entered the public domain in jurisdictions where the copyright period is reckoned based on the author’s lifetime + 70 years. Advice on this matter would be appreciated.]
- The Forgiveness of Sins, by Peter Kreeft, general editor Father John A. Farren, O.P. (New Haven, CT: Catholic Information Service-Knights of Columbus Supreme Council, 2001). With Imprimatur. Available in PDF format (on this page) at the Catholic Information Service–Knights of Columbus Supreme Council.
- A Guide to Confession (Knights of Columbus, 2007). Available in pdf format (here) and may be read online (here) through this page of the Knights of Columbus.
- Penance, by Peter Kreeft (New Haven CT: Knights of Columbus Supreme Council, 2001). The ebook may be read online (here) and is available in pdf format (here), and the audiobook is available in mp3 format (here) and may be listened to (here) through this page of the Knights of Columbus.
- Sin and its Consequences, 2nd edition, by Henry Edward Manning (London: Burns and Oates, 1874). Available in various formats at Internet Archive, with a 2nd copy at Internet Archive and Open Library. A microfilm copy of the 3rd edition (London: Burns and Oates, 1876) is available at Internet Archive and Open Library. Another edition (New York, Montreal: D. & J. Sadlier & Company) is available at Internet Archive and Open Library, with a 2nd copy at Internet Archive and Open Library; and yet another edition (New York: P.J. Kenedy & Sons) is available at Internet Archive and Open Library.
On Holy Wednesday 2021 in the Roman Rite. For other texts and ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title), the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject), the List of Worth-It Catholic Books & eBooks, and the main page of the Catholic eBooks Project.