See this online text:
- Guide to Moral Duties Concerning Voting (Tract), by Colin B. Donovan, STL. Available in pdf format through the page “Are you prepared to vote?” at EWTN.
See also the following related texts and ebooks on the ethics of voting:
- “How Should Catholics Vote? Bringing Moral Principles to Life”, by Stephen J. Heaney, Life and Learning, Vol. XVI, pp. 537-571, available in PDF format (on this page) at University Faculty for Life: UFL Life and Learning Conference XVI.
- Voter’s Guide for Serious Catholics, 2nd edition (San Diego: Catholic Answers Action, 2006). Available in pdf format on this page of St. Bernadette Catholic Church, linked by the page “Catholics and Political Parties” at Catholic Answers. The 1st edition (Catholic Answers, 2004) may be read on this page of Priests for Life. The audio of what purports to be the 2008 edition is available on Youtube.
See also these texts and ebooks on Catholic participation in politics:
- Catholics in the Public Square, revised 4th Edition, by the Most Rev. Thomas J. Olmsted, Bishop of the Diocese of Phoenix, with a Foreword by Jose H. Gomez, Archbishop of Los Angeles (Charlotte, NC: Saint Benedict Press, 2016). May be read online on this page at the Diocese of Phoenix (linked by this page of Catholic Culture.org). May be purchased at Amazon in kindle and hardcover formats.
- Católicos y Vida Pública, 4ta Edición Revisada, por Su Excellencia Thomas J. Olmsted, Obispo de Phoenix, con Prólogo por Arzobispo José H. Gómez, Arzobispo de Los Ángeles (Saint Benedict Press, 2016). Disponible en esta pagina de la Diocesis de Phoenix.
- Doctrinal Note on Some Questions Regarding the Participation of Catholics in Political Life, by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (24 November 2002). May be read online on this page of Priests for Life, and at the Holy See.
- Formando La Conciencia Para Ser Ciudadanos Fieles: Llamado de los obispos católicos de Estados Unidos a la responsabilidad política, con Nota introductoria (Washington, DC: Conferencia de Obispos Católicos de los Estados Unidos, 2015). Disponible en formato PDF en el cibersitio de la Conferencia de Obispos Católicos de los Estados Unidos.
- Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship: A Call to Political Responsibility from the Catholic Bishops of the United States, with Introductory Note (Washington, DC: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, 2015). May be read online and available in pdf format at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Nota Doctrinal sobre Algunas Cuestiones Relativas al Compromiso y la Conducta de los Católicos en la Vida Política, de la Congregación para la Doctrina de la Fe (24 Noviembre 2002). Disponible en la Santa Sede.
Posted on the Memorial of Blessed Charles of Austria, and in belated observance of the Memorial of Blessed Jerzy Popiełuszko. For other texts and ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title), the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject), the List of Worth-It Catholic Books & eBooks, and the main page of the Catholic eBooks Project.