See this online and worth-it ebook:
- Catholics in the Public Square, revised 4th Edition, by the Most Rev. Thomas J. Olmsted, Bishop of the Diocese of Phoenix, with a Foreword by Jose H. Gomez, Archbishop of Los Angeles (Charlotte, NC: Saint Benedict Press, 2016). May be read online on this page at the Diocese of Phoenix (linked by this page of Catholic Culture.org). May be purchased at Amazon in kindle and hardcover formats.
See also these related texts on the ethics of voting:
- Católicos y Vida Pública, 4ta Edición Revisada, por Su Excellencia Thomas J. Olmsted, Obispo de Phoenix, con Prólogo por Arzobispo José H. Gómez, Arzobispo de Los Ángeles (Saint Benedict Press, 2016). Disponible en esta pagina de la Diocesis de Phoenix.
- Guide to Moral Duties Concerning Voting (Tract), by Colin B. Donovan, STL. Available in pdf format through the page “Are you prepared to vote?” at EWTN.
- Nota Doctrinal sobre Algunas Cuestiones Relativas al Compromiso y la Conducta de los Católicos en la Vida Política, de la Congregación para la Doctrina de la Fe (24 Noviembre 2002). Disponible en la Santa Sede.
- Voter’s Guide for Serious Catholics, 2nd edition (San Diego: Catholic Answers Action, 2006). Available in pdf format on this page of St. Bernadette Catholic Church, linked by the page “Catholics and Political Parties” at Catholic Answers. The 1st edition (Catholic Answers, 2004) may be read on this page of Priests for Life. The audio of what purports to be the 2008 edition is available on Youtube.
See also these texts on larger ethics of citizenship and government.
- Doctrinal Note on Some Questions Regarding the Participation of Catholics in Political Life, by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (24 November 2002). May be read online on this page of Priests for Life, and at the Holy See.
- Encyclical “Sapientiae Christianae” on Christians as Citizens, by Pope Leo XIII (January 10, 1890). May be read online on this page of CatholicCulture.org, on this page of the EWTN Library, at Papal Encyclicals Online, and at the Holy See. The text is also included in The Pope and the People; Select Letters and Addresses on Social Questions, edited by the Rev. William H Eyre (London and Leamington: Art and Book Company; New York, Cincinnati, Chicago: Benziger Brothers, 1895), available at Internet Archive and Open Library.
- Formando La Conciencia Para Ser Ciudadanos Fieles: Llamado de los obispos católicos de Estados Unidos a la responsabilidad política, con Nota introductoria (Washington, DC: Conferencia de Obispos Católicos de los Estados Unidos, 2015). Disponible en formato PDF en el cibersitio de la Conferencia de Obispos Católicos de los Estados Unidos.
- Forming Consciences For Faithful Citizenship: A Call to Political Responsibility from the Catholic Bishops of the United States, with Introductory Note (Washington, DC: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, 2015). May be read online and available in pdf format at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- “Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion: General Principles”, by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, July 01, 2004. May be read online on this page of the EWTN Libary and on this page of Priests for Life.
On the Feast of Saint Stephen I, King of Hungary, in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. For other texts and ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title), the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject), the List of Worth-It Catholic Books & eBooks, and the main page of the Catholic eBooks Project.