See this legally free ebook:
- Encyclical “Dominum et Vivificantem” on the Holy Spirit in the Life of the Church and the World, by Saint John Paul the Great (Pope John Paul II), 18 May 1986. May be read online on this page of Catholic Culture; at IntraText; and at the Holy See.
See also these related texts and ebooks:
- The Abiding Presence of the Holy Ghost in the Soul, by Bede Jarrett, O.P. (New York: Cathedral Library Association, 1918). With Imprimatur. Includes the text of the Encyclical Letter for Pentecost “Divinum Illud Munus” (1897) of Pope Leo XIII. Available in multiple formats at Manybooks, in somewhat fewer formats at Project Gutenberg. Available in epub, fulltext and kindle formats at Internet Archive, with a second copy at Internet Archive and Open Library.
- Come Holy Spirit – Help Us To Pray, by Benedict Heron OSB (1997). May be read online at Christendom Awake.
- FILIOQUE: A Response to Eastern Orthodox Concerns, by Mark J. Bonocore. May be read online on this page and available in PDF format at Catholic Bridge. [N.B., This tract/article, which reaches 50 PDF pages, is a thorough explanation of the teaching on the “Filioque” and why it poses no barrier to the reunion of separated Eastern churches with the Catholic Church.]
- Glories of the Holy Ghost: A Series of Studies, a Collection of Tributes, an Account of Certain Movements Bearing on the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity, with 100 Illustrations, by Rev. Wm. F. Stadelman, C.S.Sp. (Techny, Ill., Mission Press, S. V. D., 1919). With Imprimatur. May be read online, and available in pdf, epub, mobi, and other formats, at Internet Archive.
- The Holy Ghost and His Work in Souls, by Edward Leen, 1885-1944 (London: Sheed & Ward 1937). Available in Daisy format on Internet Archive and Open Library (Digitizing sponsor: Internet Archive; Book contributor: Internet Archive).
- The Holy Ghost, the Sanctifier, by Henry Edward Manning (London: Burns and Oates, 1880). Available at Open Library and Internet Archive.
- Special Devotion to the Holy Ghost: A Manual for the use of Seminarians, Priests, Religious and the Christian People, by the Very Rev. [Bishop] Dr. Otto Zardetti, with a letter of introduction by the Very Rev. John Keane, D.D., Bishop of Richmond (Milwaukee: Hoffman Brothers, 1888). With Imprimatur. Available at Google Books and Hathitrust Digital Library. May be read online, and available in pdf, epub, mobi, and other formats at Internet Archive and Open Library, with a 2nd copy at Internet Archive and Open Library.
- The Temporal Mission of the Holy Ghost: or, Reason and Revelation, by Henry Edward Manning, Archbishop of Westminster (London: Longmans, Green & Co., 1865). Available at Internet Archive and Open Library (Digitizing sponsor: National Institute for Newman Studies, Book contributor: Saint Mary’s College of California).
Posted on Pentecost (Whitsunday), 2020. For other texts and ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title), the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject), the List of Worth-It Catholic Books & eBooks, and the main page of the Catholic eBooks Project.