See this online text:
- Religious Persecution in the Middle East; Faces of the Persecuted: Hearings before the Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South Asian Affairs of the Committee on Foreign Relations, United States Senate, One Hundred Fifth Congress, First Session, May 1 and June 10, 1997 (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1998). Available in pdf format at U.S. Government Information.
See these related texts and media:
- Genocide against Christians in the Middle East: A Report Submitted to Secretary of State John Kerry by the Knights of Columbus and In Defense of Christians (March 9, 2016). 278 pages. Available in PDF format (on this page) at Stop the Christian Genocide.org.
- Persecuted and Forgotten? A Report on Christians Oppressed for Their Faith 2011-2013, compiled and edited by John Pontifex and John Newton, with additional research by Raquel Martín and William Lo. Foreword by Patriarch Gregorios III of the Melkite Greek Catholic Church (Sutton, Suurey: Aid to the Church in Need, 2013). 190 pages. Available in PDF format on this page of Aid to the Church in Need. With a summary on this page.
- Persecuted and Forgotten? A Report on Christians Oppressed for their Faith 2013–15, compiled by John Pontifex, John Newton, and Clare Creegan, with additional research by Michael J. Robinson and assistance from Tony Smith, Tony Cotton, etc. (Surrey: Aid to the Church in Need, 2015). With a Foreword by Melkite Archbishop Jean-Clement Jeanbart of Aleppo, Syria. Available in PDF format on this page of Aid to the Church in Need Australia. The Executive Summary is available at Issuu (linked by this page of Aid to the Church in Need), and the report’s Principal Findings are available on this page of Aid to the Church in Need United Kindom, with highlights on this page. A summary may be found at Vatican Radio.
- Persecuted and Forgotten? A Report on Christians Oppressed for their Faith 2017-19, by John Pontifex and John Newton. Additional research and material by Citra Abbott and Murcadha O Flaherty (Penrith, NSW ,Australia: Aid to the Church in Need, 2019). May be read online at Calameo and on the report’s interactive website. Available in PDF format on this page of ACN Australia. The Executive Summary of the report may be read online at Calameo.
- The Plight of Christians in the Middle East: Supporting Religious Freedom, Pluralism, and Tolerance During a Time of Turmoil, by Brian Katulis, Rudy deLeon, and John Craig, March 2015 (Washington, DC: Center for American Progress, 2015). Available in pdf format at the Center for American Progress.
On the Feast of St. Benjamin the Deacon and Martyr. For other texts and ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title), the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject), the List of Worth-It Catholic Books & eBooks, and the main page of the Catholic eBooks Project.
O God, our refuge and our strength, look down with mercy upon the people who cry to Thee; and by the intercession of the glorious and immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of Saint Joseph her spouse, of the blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and of all the saints, in Thy mercy and goodness hear our prayers for the conversion of sinners, and for the liberty and exaltation of the Holy Mother the Church. Through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen. (Leonine Prayer after Low Mass)