See this legally free ebook:
- Saint Clare of Assisi: Her Life and Legislation, by Ernest Gilliat-Smith (London, Toronto: J.M. Dent & Sons, Ltd.; New York, E.P. Dutton & Co., 1914). With Imprimatur. May be read online, and available in pdf, epub, mobi, and other formats, at Internet Archive, with a 2nd copy at Internet Archive, and a 3rd copy at Internet Archive, and a 4th copy at Internet Archive. Available at the HathiTrust Digital Library, with a 2nd copy at HathiTrust Digital Library. [Note: We believe this work is in the public domain in most jurisdictions that reckon copyright based on the lifetime of the author, who passed away in 1935 according to WikiSource, Ancestry, and GENi. If this is incorrect, kindly advise us on the comments. Thank you]
On the Feast of Saint Clare of Assisi in the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite. See also these related texts:
- Instrução “Verbi Sponsa” sobre a Vida Contemplative e a Clausura das Monjas, pelo Congregação para os Institutos de Vida Consagrada e Sociedades de Vida Apostólica, 13 de Maio 1999. Disponível em Site da Santa Sé.
- The Mission of the Contemplative Orders (Techny, Illinois: Society of the Divine Word). With 1912 Imprimatur. Distributed by the Monastery of Poor Clares, West Park, Ohio. Available in various formats (pdf, epub, mobi/kindle, etc.) at Internet Archive.
- On Prayer and the Contemplative Life, by St. Thomas Aquinas, translated by the Very Rev. Hugh Pope, with a Preface by the Very Rev. Vincent McNabb (London, Manchester, Birmingham, and Glasgow: R. & T. Washbourne, Ltd., 1914). With Imprimatur. Available in multiple formats at Many Books.net, and Project Gutenberg, as well as at Internet Archive and Open Library, with a second copy at Internet Archive and Open Library.
- Contemplative Prayer, by Père Maurice de la Taille, S.J., translated by a Tertiary of the Order of Mount Carmel (London: Burns Oates and Washbourne Ltd., 1926) With Imprimatur. Available in PDF format on this page of Catholic Pamphlets.net and may be read online on this page of The Liturgia Latina Project. Another edition is available in PDF format at the University of Notre Dame Hesburgh Libraries.
- The Princess of Poverty: Saint Clare of Assisi and the Order of Poor Ladies, by Father Marianus Fiege, O.M.Cap. (Evansville, Indiana: Poor Clares of the Monastery of S. Clare, 1900/1901). With Imprimatur. Available in multiple formats at Internet Archive as linked from the Catholic Research Resources Alliance.
- The Rule of the Holy Virgin Saint Clare, Permissu Superiorum, 1621; to which is Added, Constitutions for the Convent in its Present State Approved by the Most Rev. Doctor Troy; with Short Notes on the Dispensations by the Rev. M.P. Kinsella (Dublin: Browne & Nolan, 1856). May be read online, and available in pdf, epub, mobi, and other formats, at Internet Archive.