See this online ebook:
- Saint Bonaventure: The Seraphic Doctor; Minister-General of the Franciscan Order; Cardinal Bishop of Albano, by the Rev. Fr. Laurence Costelloe, O.F.M. (New York: London, Bombay and Calcutta: Longmans, Green and Co., 1911). With Imprimatur. Available at Internet Archive, ManyBooks.net, and Project Gutenberg.
See also these texts by and about the Seraphic Doctor (very incomplete list):
- Address at a Meeting with the Local People during a Pastoral Visit to Viterbo and Bagnoregio, by Pope Benedict XVI, 6 September 2009. May be read online at the Holy See. [N.B., The address concerned Saint Bonaventure of Bonaventure.]
- “Francis of Assisi and Bonaventure’s Theology of the Cross”, by Noel Muscat, OFM. Available in pdf format at the Internet Archive Wayback Machine (the 14 May 2014 snapshot of the page from the former website of the Five Franciscan Martyrs Region of the Secular Franciscan Order).
- The Life of St. Francis of Assisi; from the ‘Legenda Santi Francisci’ of S. Bonaventure, edited and with a preface by the Archbishop of Westminster, Henry Edward [Manning] (London: R. Washbourne, 1868]. May be downloaded in PDF format through the Saints’ Books index. May be read online, and available in pdf, epub, mobi, and other formats, at Internet Archive.
- Loving in the Present: The Theological and Pastoral Influences of St. Bonaventure’s Critical Retrieval of Joachim of Fiore on Joseph Ratzinger/Benedict XVI (Theology Graduate Thesis), by William L. Patenaude (2013). Available in pdf format at Providence College Digital Commons.
- “The Medieval University and the Ethos of Knowledge: Franciscan Friars, Patristic Tradition, and Scholastic ‘Instruments’”, by Professor Ana Paula Tavares Magalhães, Acta Scientiarum: Education, v. 37, n. 3, (July-Sept., 2015): pp. 237-245. Available in pdf format (here) through this page of the Digital Library of Intellectual Production of Universidade de São Paulo; at the Fundación Dialnet; and at ResearchGate.
- Des Sept Dons du Saint-Esprit, par Saint Bonaventure, Docteur de l’église. Disponible à JesusMarie.com.
- “St Bonaventure and the History of Salvation”, by Pope Benedict XVI (Preface of the second volume of Gesammelte Schriften by Joseph Ratzinger). Taken from: L’Osservatore Romano, Weekly Edition in English, 23 September 2009, page 7. May be read on this page of the EWTN Libraries.
- “St. Bonaventure, Benedict XVI, and the New Evangelization”, by William L. Patenaude, May 9, 2012, at Catholic World Report.
- Théologie Séraphique: Extraite et Traduite des Oeuvres de Saint Bonaventure; Contenant “L’Itineraire de l’Ame vers Dieu”, “Le Traité du Mepris du Monde”, “L’Ecuelle d’Or des Vertus”, “Le Bouquet Spirituel”, “Le Traité des Vertus”, et “L’Incendie de l’Amour”, par l’Abbé Celeste Alix, et par Acc. Alix (Paris: Jacques LeCoffre et Cie., 1853). Disponible à Internet Archive.
- [Three Discourses on Saint Bonaventure] by Pope Benedict XVI: (1) General Audience of 3 March 2010 The text may be read at the Holy See, and the video address may be viewed at Youtube; (2) General Audience of 10 March 2010. The text may be read at the Holy See, and the video address entitled “St. Bonaventure and [the] Theology of history” may be viewed at Youtube; and (3) General Audience on 17 March 2010. The text may be read at the Holy See, and the video address may be viewed at Youtube.
On the Feast of Saint Bonaventure of Bagnoregio in the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite. For other online texts and legally free ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title) and the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject).