See this online text:
- Draft of a Dogmatic Constitution on the Christian Moral Order, by the Preparatory Theological Commission for the Second Vatican Council, translated by Fr. Joseph A. Komonchak (2012). Available in pdf format (on this page) at In Verbo Veritatis.
See also these related texts and ebooks:
- Carta Encíclica «Veritatis splendor» sobre Algunas Cuestiones Fundamentales de la Enseñanza Moral de la Iglesia, del Papa San Juan Pablo II (6 de agosto 1993). Disponible en esta pagina de la Santa Sede; en esta pagina de ACI Prensa; en esta pagina del Archidiocesis de Valencia.
- Encyclical Letter “Veritatis splendor”, by Pope St. John Paul II (6 August 1993). Available at the Holy See and at IntraText. [According to Wikipedia: “The encyclical is one of the most comprehensive and philosophical teachings of moral theology in the Catholic tradition”]
- The Foundation of True Morality, by Rev. Thomas Slater, S.J. [1855-1928] (New York, Cincinnati, Chicago: Benziger brothers, 1920). With Imprimatur. . May be read online, and available in pdf, epub, mobi and other formats, at Internet Archive and Internet Archive.
- [The Moral Specification of Human Acts According to Thomas Aquinas]*, by Dr. Duarte Sousa-Lara, translated by Dr. Joseph T. Papa from Dr. Sousa-Lara’s dissertation, A especificação moral dos actos humanos segundo são Tomás de Aquino (Roma: Edizioni Università Santa Croce, 2008). [N.B.1, *The title is supplied from a translation of the original Portuguese title of the dissertation.] [N.B.2, The original Portuguese text has an Imprimatur and is available through this page at Etica e Politica. To our knowledge, its Introduction and Conclusion have not been translated into English.] The translated chapters, from this page of Etica e Politica, are:
- Chapter 1, “The Sources of Aquinas on Human Action”;
- Chapter 2, “Albert [Magnus] on human action and Aquinas”;
- Chapter 3, “Human Action and its Morality in Aquinas (2008)”;
- Chapter 4, “Aquinas on the Object of the Human Act: A Reading in Light of the Texts and Commentators”, in the Josephinum Journal of Theology, Vol. 15, No. 2 (2008): pp. 243-276;
- Chapter 5, “‘Genus naturae’ and ‘Genus moris’ in Aquinas”;
- Chapter 6, “‘Materia ex qua’ and ‘Materia circa quam’ in Aquinas”;
- Chapter 7, “‘Intentio’ and ‘Electio’ in Aquinas”;
- Chapter 8, “Aquinas on Interior and Exterior Acts: Clarifying a Key Aspect of His Action Theory”, in the Josephinum Journal of Theology, Vol. 15, No. 2 (2008): pp. 277-316;
- Chapter 9, “‘Circumstantia’ and ‘Conditiones’ in Aquinas”;
- Chapter 10, “‘Per se’ and ‘Praeter Intentionem’ in Aquinas (2011)”, in the Josephinum Journal of Theology, Vol. 18, No. 2 (2011): pp. 418-453; and
- Chapter 11, “The Ordo Rationis and the Moral Species”, in the Josephinum Journal of Theology, Vol. 17, No. 1 (2010): pp. 80-125. [Note that the last may not be an exact translation, as the author states that: “This essay was developed from the eleventh chapter”.]
- The Principles of Moral Science, an essay by the Rev. Walter McDonald, D.D. [1854-1920] (Dublin: M. H. Gill & Son, 1910). With Imprimatur. May be read online, and available in pdf, epub, mobi and other formats, at Internet Archive.
- “The Universality and Immutability of the Precepts of the Natural Law: The Existence of an Intrinsically Absolute Morality”, by Professor Ángel Rodríguez Luño, translated by Kira Howes. [N.B., The text states that the essay was “[p]ublished in Various Authors, Teología Moral. Actas del Congreso Internacional De Teología Moral (Murcia, November 27-29, 2003), Universidad Católica San Antonio (Murcia: 2004), pp. 215-229”. This may refer to the original text.] Available in pdf format on this page of of Etica e Politica.
- “’Veritatis Splendor’ and Action Theory”, by Professor Angel Rodríguez Luño, translated by Tom and Kira Howes. Available in pdf format on this page of Etica e Politica.
- “’Veritatis Splendor’ un anno dopo: Appunti per un bilancio (I)” di Mgr. Angel Rodriguez Luño, Acta Philosophica, vol. 4, fasc. 2 (1995): pagg. 223-260. Disponibile in formato pdf su questa pagina di Acta Philosophica.
- “‘Veritatis Splendor’ un anno dopo: Appunti per un bilancio (II)”, di Mgr. Angel Rodriguez Luño, Acta Philosophica, vol. 5, fasc. 1 (1996): pagg. 47-75. Disponibile in formato pdf su questa pagina di Acta Philosophica.
Posted on the Feast of Saint Stanisław Szczepanowski (Saint Stanislaus the Martyr) in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. For other online texts and legally free ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title) and the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject). Blessed be God in His angels and in His saints!