See this online text:
- Apostolic Exhortation on Christian Joy “Gaudete in Domino”, by Pope Paul VI (May 9, 1975). May be read online at the Holy See; and may be read online at Papal Encylicals Online.
Posted in solidarity with the observance of the International Day of Happiness, 2019. See also these related texts earlier posted on the Project:
- The Eternal Happiness of the Saints, by Cardinal Bellarmine (St. Robert Bellarmine), translated by the Rev. John Dalton (London, Dublin, Derby: Thomas Richardson and Son). Available in various formats (pdf, kindle/mobi, epub, etc.) at Internet Archive. Also available on this page at the eLibrary of Saint Patrick Basilica Ottawa; on this page of Good Catholic Books; and at Forgotten Books (with some pages accessible to members only). Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of the work are reproduced at Et Verbum.
- The Happiness of Heaven, 3rd edition, by Rev. F.J. Boudreaux, S.J. (London: Burns & Oates, 1881). Available in various formats (pdf, epub, kindle/mobi, etc.) at Internet Archive and may be read online at Google Books. An earlier edition (Baltimore, New York: John Murphy Company), with 1870 approbation, is also available at Internet Archive.
- An edition of the same work, its author stated to be a Father of the Society of Jesus (Baltimore: John Murphy & Company; New York: Catholic Publication Society, 1871), is available at Manybooks.net, Internet Archive, and Project Gutenberg, and may be read online at Google Books, Bible Hub, and Read Central. Yet another edition whose its author is stated to be a Father of the Society of Jesus (London: Burns & Oates) may be read online at Google Books.
- More Joy, 3rd edition, by the Rt. Rev. Paul Wilhelm von Keppler, Bishop of Rottenburg, adapted into English from the edition of 1911, by the Rev. Joseph McSorley, C.S.P. (St. Louis, Freiburg (Baden), London: B. Herder, 1916). With Imprimatur. May be read online, and available in pdf, epub, mobi/kindle, and other formats, at Internet Archive and Open Library. Another copy (with some pages accessible only by members) is available at Forgotten Books.
- “On the Shoulders of Giants: Happiness and the Good Economy in Catholic Social Teaching” (Honors Theses: Paper 285), by Erin C. Wingerter (University of Southern Mississippi, 2015). Available in pdf format at the University of Southern Mississippi.