See this online text:
- Apostolic Exhortation “Signum Magnum”, by Blessed Pope Paul VI, 13 May 1967. May be read online on this page of the Catholic News Agency, and at the Holy See. A summary is available on this page at the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary of Wichita, and on this page at the International Marian Research Institute. [N.B., The document is titled “On Devotion to the Most Blessed Mary” at the Catholic News Agency; “on Venerating and Imitating the Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church and Model of All Virtues” at the International Marian Research Institute; and “On the necessity to venerate and imitate the Blessed Virgin Mary” at GCatholic.]
See also the following related essays:
- “Revelation 12: Who Is the Woman Clothed with the Sun?” by Jimmy Akin, 1 September 2012 at National Catholic Register.
- “‘The Woman Clothed with the Sun’ According to St. Lawrence of Brindisi” by Stanley Gahan, O.F.M. Cap. (1962) at Catholic Culture.
- “Who Is the Woman Clothed with the Sun?” by Fr. William Saunders, 11 May 2017 at Catholic Exchange.
- “The Woman Clothed with the Sun” by Fr. William Saunders, 4 May 2017 at Catholic Exchange.
On the Feast of Saints Francisco and Jacinta Marto; and in belated observance of the Feast of the Seven Holy Founders of the Servite Order.
“After this, God’s heavenly temple was thrown open, and the ark of the covenant was plain to view, standing in his temple; and there were lightnings, and mutterings, and an earthquake, and a great storm of hail. And now, in heaven, a great portent appeared; a woman that wore the sun for her mantle, with the moon under her feet, and a crown of twelve stars about her head.” (Revelation xi, 19 – xii, 1)