See this online ebook:
- Devotions and Prayers for the Sick-Room; with an Appendix Containing Prayers and Exercises for the Use of Religious Sick-Nurses, from the original of Rev. Jos[eph] Alois Krebs, C.Ss.R. (New York, Cincinnati, Chicago: Benziger Brothers, 1899). With Imprimatur. Available at Hathi Trust Digital Library; and in pdf, epub, mobi/kindle etc. formats at Internet Archive, with a 2nd copy at Internet Archive.
- See also: The Consoler; or, Pious Readings Addressed to the Sick and to All Who are Afflicted, by Rev. Father Joseph Lambilotte, S.J., translated by the Right Reverend Abbot Burder, O.Cist. (London: R. Washbourne, 1873). With approbation. Available in various formats at Internet Archive.
- On the spirituality of illness and suffering, see also these essays:
- “Saint Paul Teaches We Can Offer Up Our Personal Suffering To God For The Spiritual Benefit Of Others”, by Tom Mulcahy, M.A., at Catholic Strength.
- “Question; Offering up Suffering” by Charles Johnston, at Now that I’m Catholic.
- “On the Mystery of Offering Up Our Sufferings”, by Dr. Robert Stackpole, STD, at The Divine Mercy.
- “How to Offer up Your Suffering like St. John Vianney”, by Brandon Vogt, August 04, 2016 at the Word on Fire Blog.
- “Redemptive Suffering” at The Defender.