See this online text:
- “Familiaris Consortio”: Apostolic Exhortation on the Role of the Christian Family in the Modern World, by Pope St. John Paul II (22 November 1981). May be read online (on this page) of the Holy See, and on this page of CBCP for Life.
- This is a comprehensive summary of Christian teaching on marriage and the family, which is even more timely now when worldly errors re-double their assault on the one true Church.
- We recommend reading “Familiaris Consortio” together with the other magisterial documents that restate the Sacred and Divine Tradition on the subject, particularly the Encyclical “Casti connubii” of Pope Pius XI.
- One may also read the following secondary materials:
- “Familiaris Consortio: John Paul II’s Apostolic Exhortation on the Family”, Fellowship of Catholic Scholars Newsletter, Volume 5, Number 2 (March 1982), which provides an outline-summary of the text;
- “A Family Manifesto – How to Read Familiaris Consortio”, by Joseph Atkinson, which may be read online at Catholicity;
- “Familiaris Consortio: The Biblical and Theological Foundation of an Adequate Anthropology”, by Joseph C. Atkinson, Life and Learning, Volume XI (2001), p. 248, which may be read at University Faculty for Life;
- “Familiaris consortio and the Current Cultural and Social Change: Presentation for the Plenary Assembly Pontifical Council for the Family, Nov 30, 2011”, by Michael Maria Waldstein, which is available at the Pontificium Consilium pro Familiam; and
- “Familiaris Consortio—On the Role of the Christian Family in the Modern World”, by Helen Hull Hitchcock (Nov 1, 2001), available at Women for Faith & Family.
On the Feast of Saints Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin Martin, and in belated observance of the Feast of Blessed Peter To Rot (7 July). For other legally free ebooks, you may access the List of Free eBooks (Arranged by Title) and the List of Free eBooks (Grouped by Subject).
O God, our refuge and our strength, look down with mercy upon the people who cry to Thee; and by the intercession of the glorious and immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of Saint Joseph her spouse, of the blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and of all the saints, in Thy mercy and goodness hear our prayers for the conversion of sinners, and for the liberty and exaltation of the Holy Mother the Church. Through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen. (From Sancta Missa)